Country Manager - The NetherlandsEasyPark
Are you ready to be part of changing the world of parking and embark on a voyage that will challenge your complete skillset? Take the opportunity to join a fast growing and highly innovative digital service company. With courage, you will be part of digitalizing an entire industry together with a diverse team located throughout Europe!
The Netherlands - Amsterdam
We're passionate about parking. It's all we do, think about and work with. Today, we're available in 500 cities across 10 markets, specializing in providing smart parking services to citizens, business, operations and cities. Our goal is to make parking easier for you, your business and your citizens, so that there's more time for you to experience what the city has to offer.
Profile & Role
EasyPark and our services
Our services enable substantial benefits and new value generation opportunities not only to motorists. Cities and parking operators stand to benefit greatly too when drivers waste less time looking for parking and both public and private parking space is used more effectively. With the urban population doubling over the next 20 years transportation systems need to become twice as effective which makes the services we are creating an essential part of making cities smarter and more sustainable.
EasyPark is helping cities and operators fully digitalize their parking processes which means deploying all of our software services in the right order to achieve full digitalization. With the data that we are collecting we are able to provide new levels of insight to cities and operators that will allow them to manage their assets in ways that they have never before been able to.
The service has been awarded multiple times for example Mobile Service of the Year in Finland 2012, The Golden Mobile in Sweden 2013, Telematics winner in Detroit 2014, mCommerce service of the Year in Denmark 2014 and listed Red Herring top 100 Europe in 2016 to mention a few that are not industry specific. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction (Gallup) and a Net Promotor Score of 66.
The new Country Manager will be leading the organization through the next stage, going from being a transactional parking payment provider to roll out the EasyPark “Find & Pay” service towards the end users and leveraging parking data in favour of optimising the parking business for public and private parking operators. For public parking operators to optimise the urban mobility and for private parking operators to optimise the yield of their parking inventory.
The candidate is an outstanding digital, savvy leader and probably has a background from management consulting combined with commercial roles from the consumer or IT industry. The person must bring a high level of energy and drive and positively influence an innovative organization in a fast changing and growing market.
The position of Country Manager is primarily a commercial role. The Country Manager will work with local partners to ensure full distribution of EasyPark's services in The Netherlands. This role takes place in an environment that is changing under the pressure of digitalization. In the past, players in the market focused on solving distribution issues. In the future, the opportunity for EasyPark will lie in the consultancy space: Helping parking providers optimize their business using the data gathered by EasyPark. Therefore, in the long term, the commercial environment will consist of advising municipalities and private parking operators on the use of parking data to optimize their business.
We are looking for a bright, ambitious and agile person.
Required skills and experience
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
· Being commercially strong and agile meaning that you are able to navigate through a complex setup of public procurement
· Commercial mindset and an extrovert personality who is motivated and driven by meeting customers and deal making
· Strong analytical skills and a structured approach while still being able to make decisions despite uncertainty
· Relevant technical insight specifically in the cloud/it-services is an advantage
· We are looking for an analytical and strategically smart individual who understands how the market is changing and which business impacts that means as we are in the digital 2.0 world
· Goal-oriented with an understanding of where the company is heading and why
Executing for Results
· Executional capabilities are paramount. As a mid-manager it is vital that he/she executes and excels in making ‘things happen’, though always in line with corporate strategy and guidelines. Challenging these guidelines has to be done constructively and fact based
· We are looking for a very hands-on person. Total transparency and a sense of urgency will be necessary in order to succeed
· Success in driving results and the ability to cut through and achieve results continuing the growth year over year
· Strong leadership skills and an ambition and will to encourage and develop his/her team members, leading by example and walk the talk
· A leader who has high standards whilst being without prestige
· Create a climate where people bring forward their ideas, take initiative and follow through
· Ability to work across different cultures and with people from all functions of the organization
· The candidate should have strong and possibly also documented management skills, since employee satisfaction will be continuously measured and used actively in individual performance reviews. This given a firm belief that people together with their customers are the most important assets of the company
Building Relationships and Using Influence
· Building relationships with stakeholders and using influence. Understanding how to work together with various stakeholders
· The short-term assignment is to ensure full distribution of EasyPark's services in The Netherlands
· Finally yet importantly, educated to a degree level with M.Sc. We expect this individual to be Dutch
· The candidate has to be fluent in the local language and English given large exposure to all other European Country Managers and the partnering functions in Stockholm, Sweden.
· The candidate will be offered to buy shares in the company. The amount or value has yet to be determined
A few more things to know
We expect a lot, but not in the old fashioned way of us telling you what to do, but in expecting your ideas, initiatives, hard work and commitment to contribute towards. our common vision. We are a driven team with high targets seeking individuals who are truly passionate and share our vision of making cities more liveable.
Nova is responsible for screening and selection. Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
We screen and select on an ongoing basis so we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!